”Personal information” is defined as information, such as name, birthdate, address, phone number and contact information of living persons that can be used to identify a specific individual, including such information that can be used as reference to find other information that will enable the identification of the specific individual, such as appearance, fingerprints, voiceprint data, and the insurance number on a health insurance card (personal identifier).
2. How We Collect Personal Information
When registering for our services, we may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number.
In addition, transaction records and payment information, including personal information of the user collected by our partners (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distributors, etc.; hereinafter referred to as “partners”) may be collected as well.
3. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you for the following purposes:
- Provision of the Services.
- Communicating with you. (Including identity verification)
- Promoting our Services and sending you marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs, and campaigns.
- To contact you about maintenance, other important notices, etc.
- Enforcing our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- To allow users to view, change, or delete their own registered information, or view their status.
- To charge users for paid services.
- Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use.
4. About changes in the use of your personal information
- We may change the purpose of use of the personal information within related and reasonable limits.
- In the case where the purpose of use is changed, Users will be notified and the changes announced on our website.
5. Disclosure and provision to third parties
Except in the following cases, we will not disclose personal information received from the Users to third parties without receiving prior consent of the User. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and related laws and regulations. In these cases, we can provide the personal information from Users without the agreement of the User to a degree that does not violate related laws.
1.1. Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual, and for which your consent is difficult to obtain.
1.2. Cases in which the provision of personal information is essential for improving public health or promoting the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain your consent.
1.3. Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ or a local government, or those entrusted by the state organ or local government in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and ordinances, and in which obtaining your consent is likely to impede the execution of such affairs
1.4. In other cases as permitted by law.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the disclosure of the information does not fall under third-party disclosure.
1.1. Cases in which we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
1.2. Cases in which we provide personal data as a result of succeeding to a business due to a merger or similar event.
1.3. Cases in which personal data is jointly used between the Company Group and a specific entity or individual, and in advance we notify, or make readily available to, you the following matters, or similar details of equal or greater scope.
1.3.1. Joint use of personal data
1.3.2. Purpose of utilization of an entity or individual using personal data.
1.3.3. Items of personal data to be jointly used.
1.3.4. Name or company name responsible for the management of personal data.
1.3.5. Scope of entities or individuals jointly using personal data.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
We will accept requests from Users for the disclosure of their own personal information, and provide the information without delay. However, Disclosure of all or part of the personal data held pertaining to a request may be withheld in any of the following cases. If a decision is made to withhold disclosure, notification will be provided with the reason.
1.1. If there is a risk of harming life, body, property or other interests of the User or a third party due to disclosure.
1.2. If there is a risk of impeding the appropriate execution of the Company’s business due to disclosure.
1.3. If disclosure constitutes a violation of laws and regulations.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, we will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
7. Changing and deletion of personal information
- Users can view, change and if required delete (see “Suspension of the Use of personal Information and similar” paragraph below) their personal information registered on the Site.
- If we receive a request from a user as described in the preceding paragraph and deem it reasonably necessary, we will correct/forward the relevant personal information without delay.
- When we make a correction, etc. based on the preceding paragraph, we will notify the user of the changes without delay.
8. Suspension of the Use of personal Information and similar
- When such information is believed to have been used beyond the purpose stated in “3. How we use your personal information”, or believed to have been collected in an illegal way or when it is being used or provided in violation of the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the User may request that the use of such personal information be terminated or request its deletion. If this request is deemed plausible, the matter will be investigated without delay.
- If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, we determine that it is necessary to comply with the request, we will suspend the use of the relevant personal information without delay.
- In the event of suspension of use based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or in the event of a decision not to suspend use, we will notify the User of this decision without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in cases the above measures and the suspension of use involves a large amount of cost or when there are otherwise similar difficulties, alternative measures shall be taken.
- Except when otherwise stated in related laws and regulations or in this Policy, we might change the contents of this Policy without notofication to the User.
- Unless otherwise specified by us, Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on our website.
Address: 810-0022, Fukuoka Fukuoka City 2-19-30 Yakuin, Chuo-ku, Japan
Company Name: F-area Co., Ltd.
Representative Name: Seiryu Sakoda